circel in the center of the eye.

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am 34 years old.

in the last year i see in one eye, while the other one is closed,

like a cirecle in the center of the eye.

beacuse of this problem i can't read with one eye closed, and when i have strong sun in my eyes, and i moved the eyes, i see the cirecly moves in the direction that i look.

i did all possible test including MRI, and nothing was found.

Doctors can't explain the problem, and the only solution is to take steroids and see if it helps.

did any one encounter this problem?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi circleineye, when you say steroids, are the doctors talking about steroid eye drops?  I assume the doctors are Ophthalmologists - eye doctors.

I have had things like that, usually when my uveitis has flared up.  I use steroid drops in varying doses, depending on the stage of the flare.

• Posted

i want not recommanded for steroid drops  but rather steroid Injection.
  • Posted

I had a similar problem and discovered it was a macular hole which had to be repaired.  I presume you have been tested for this
    • Posted

nope i was not tested for this.

which test is this?what to ask for?

• Posted

They xray behind your eye.  Just ask if they can test your eye for macular hole.  If it is a hole they perform a vitrectomy to repair it.
    • Posted

isabel1, i read about it, but didn't find how long is recovery time.

i also saw that i should be face down-for how long?

• Posted

It is a fairly complex surgery but it is done under local anaesthetic.  I went private as we do not have many vitroretinal surgeons in Scotland and I wanted the best I could get as different surgeons have different views on the aftercare.
    • Posted

This is where surgeons differ in opinion.  The surgeon I saw is an expert in this field and I did not have to lie face down at all.  I'm not sure I could have coped if I had.  I had my sight back without the bubble within 5 weeks and it was good.  Had it done just over 1 year ago.

• Posted

I was just reading the patient leaflet for St Thomas' & Guys Hospital, which explains the options and what happens post op.

If you google vitrectomy and opt for the uk answers, you get  a list of patient leaflets from various hospitals.  They are quite informative

• Posted

can you give me keywords to lookup in google?

i tried

vitrectomy and opt patient leaflet

• Posted

I went to google and typed in 'vitrectomy

I then chnge the country at the top, by clicking on search tools and it then opens up any country, then any time etc.  Click on any country and you will see the option UK, click on that.  You then get a list of UK hospitals.  

I was assuming you are in the UK.  If you are, then you can choose the nearest hospital to you in the list, and see what they have to say

Good luck

• Posted

I have Central serous retinopathy (CSR),  its a dark circle central vision. Look it up. I was miss diagnosed twice before they got it right

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.