Circumsicion scar painful and swollen when erect

Posted , 3 users are following.

since i had my circumcision the scarring becomes swollen and sore when erect is this normal

any comments feedback welcome

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

if its swollen an sore could be an infection in the scar u should see a doctor have it checked

• Posted

hi kim,

i did think about going to see someone but with the current crisis i thought against it

• Posted

Hello, 2 weeks post -OP when the self-dissolving seams are gone... everything should be normal... maybe changed feeling or something... Pain can be in the first days after the circumcision

• Posted

hi guys,

thanks for the responses should if stated earlier this isnt a new circ its 2.5 years prior and still get the swelling and pain

• Posted

ok? why you recognized it now? Something changed now? it can be normal that you have a swollen skin after circumcision at the area... just should go back with the erection to a sloppy skin(hope you know what i mean)? Only the pain its not normal... maybe theres a tension but this will need a cut or couterize you have to go to a dermatologist or urologist to check whats the reason...

• Posted

yes pain and swelling is not there when the penis is flaccid i have noticed before but thought it may have gone by now so became concerned

• Posted

This is an ordinary complication with the scar ... The problem is the pain ... you could try conservatively with cortisone or penis pump whether the scar stretches ... but it maks no sense cause i think they made it becouse of a phimose ... that's why it would be better... to relieve the phrenulum and the scar with a cut or cautery ... after 2 weeks with baneocin powder it would be done forever...

• Posted

i have tried to see gp but i cant get any appointments at present would an image help?

thanks for listening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.