Cisternogram for Charia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well i went back and seen my same neurosurgeon that told me my dizzinness is not related to my CM just because i do not have insurance and they are one of the few places that will except me right now. Anyhow i told him i have done lots of reading and i know that this is what causing it and he said my MRI doesn't show any blockage so he has to look at a cisternogram to tell if thats what is making me dizzy. After him saying CM dont make you dizzy i dont believe much this guy has to say but i figured i would see what you all think, should i go get this test done? its going to cost me a small fortune to have done im sure so i wanna know its worth it. Its been almost 2 years since this hit me and the last 4 months it seems to be worse than it ever was before. They had me try Diamox last week and i only did that for 4 days because it made me way dizzier and worsened my headache. Anyone else ever take them for CM? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear about your worsening condition, it seems to me that your health care professional/s have not got a clue about CM..is there any organisation that can help you at all, some of the symptom that I suffered prior to my opt: Dizziness, imbalance, nausea, horrendous pain, migraine, feeling faint..and blacking out, muscle spasm in arms, legs, back..the whole body felt like a truck just hit you..trembling, unable to swallow, keep yawning, unable to remember, vision impairment, stumbling over, unable to grip (hold) things..gosh..so many others I could not remember..oh..terrible pain on sudden movement...feeling sleepy all the time..weakness, unable to control bladder and bowel movement..the soonest I have got my operation..all of them gone, a part from back pain (I think because I had lots of Lumber Punctured)..look, just get another health care professional,,if you have to pay anyway..just make sure you have got the right one..but look after yourself...its important to have surgery as soon as possible, as the longer you leave it the worse it would be
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply! I agree that I need to find a different doctor, I have called everyone on that CM sight for my area and none of them will even see me without insurance. Obama care told me i can reapply in November again and hopefully I can get it then. I'm going to call these doctors every day till I drive them nuts or they see me. Should I skip having that test done, It's sounds pretty awful from what I read? I have all the symptoms that you just described and then some. Does it seem. Strange to you that my symptoms started aboit 3 days after a big surgery? My doc was also saying maybe antstiseologist did something wrong and messed me up after me describing all my symptoms starting a few days after the surgery.

• Posted

Well Hunter, if you feel pain, then there is something wrong in your body won't it?, your body telling you what is wrong with it...anyway, I heard that Obama Care as the rubbish insurance ever, can you not join the new care system, its seems better...lots of American moan about the Obama Care..it will cost you a lot though..are you far from Mayo Clinic?...because in the UK the decompression surgery without completion it cost roughly around £8-9000...we are lucky in the UK..every one entitle to free National Health Care..if you are employed you got tax each month (min 27% of your salary) that is to include the health care etc..for people who never work or ill or pension..we (people who are working) pay for them...please get it sort it out soon..do not leave it too long, I would start write them a letter..copy to your mayor..or local party (congressman) and see it from there..hope you get a joyful news, keep us up to date. GOD BLESS - have a great week end

• Posted

I'm going to try every option I can think of to get insured but most likely will have to wait till after November. Our Healthcare system is very screwed up right now. We get charged 28 percent tax on everything we earn and still don't get Healthcare here unless we pay for it or our employers pay for it which usaully still ends up coming out of your own paycheck. I do not think there are any mayo clinics anywhere near me. I live near Columbus ohio. I have heard that the Cleveland Institute is supposed to be the best Healthcare in this part of the country, have you ever heard anything about them and CM patients? I have been calling that doctor in Columbus that was on that list of CM doctors but still no luck getting ahold of anyone. They pretty much seem to ignore me since I am not insured. I seen there are several on there for Cleveland so I'm guessing they maybe at that Cleveland institute, it's about 3.5 hr drive for me to get there so it's not to bad I was just hoping to get in right here in Columbus, wishful thinking I guess. Thank you very much for all your great replys, it gives me some piece of mind to know someone out there is trying to help!

• Posted

Hi HUnter, I just provide you a reply but its was hold to be moderated..unsure why...maybe because I said that President Trump is trying to help the American, but seems they dont give them help about straightening your health care system
    • Posted

Lol I can see the 2 pending replys. I sure wish he would get our Healthcare straightened up! That is one of the things he is supposed to be working on the most but I guess we will see. I sure hope it happens soon so I can get some kind if coverage. Monday morning I am going to call Cleveland health institute and the Mayfield chiari clinic both and try to do some kind of payment plan or something so I can get this straightened out. I am done dealing with the doctor I have been dealing with and I'm canceling the cisternogram. I want somone to be experienced in Chiari surgeries before I let them go cutting into my skull.

• Posted

Well great, at least you do something about it, but don't be giving up to your doctor, honestly they really don't have a clue..therefore if you gather all the information from this wbsite, Mayo and others compare with yorus, write the bullet point WRITE to your health care professionals it shows you really mean business..Leet us know how are you getting on..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.