Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

My quesion is, why go up to 40mg??

I need to know if it helps more,

thanks,

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I went up to 40mg earlier this year after being on 20mg for about 10 years. It certainly made my anxiety bearable but am thinking of changing to Cipralex. When I first started taking Cit 20mg it started working after about 4 weeks and has made life incredibly good for me. doesn't seem to be as effective for me now.  
  • Posted

The increase to 40 mg for me was a mistake and to most of the people I know..unbearable sweating and worst of all I couldn't sleep ..so my advice is stick with 20mg....

I have recently withdrawn from this pill and the reduction fron 40 to 20 was the easiest .and so too was the drop to 10 ...so I'd stay with the lowest dose that suits you 

• Posted

The fact that there is a 40mg suggests that there is a need for it. Some people are fine on 20mg and a increase makes them feel speedy. Others feel that it's not quite enough and need that extra boost.

I was on it 13 years ago after a breakdown and 40mg along with other things was what got me stable. 

I took it again a few years ago and only needed 20mg to do the trick.

I took it again 12 weeks ago and felt like I was going stark raving mad.

So it all depends on yourself,your symptoms and your needs xxx

• Posted

I repled below..my worry is that  not long ago 60mg was being prescribed..docs then realised as they do too late that 60 mg was toooo much ..now the highest dose is 40 mg

please realise that having been dependent on Diazepam for over 40 years at pretty high dosage..I worry about the increase dosage for Citalopram..I have just weaned myself off 40mg over One year ..and it's still in my system 

• Posted

Im on 40mg but prefer 30mg. 40mg makes me feel numb even to the positive happy feelings... And i sweat more on 40mg... So ivc reduced my dose back to 30.xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.