Cit for 9 weeks having a major blip

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I am 9 weeks on cit for the second time - 7 weeks on 20. Was feeling a bit better and had an ok week last week but having a major blip this week - depression, crying, some anxiety, sleep terrible again and I’m really worried that the meds arent/have stopped working. I’ve been worried all along that they wouldn’t work a second time. Is it usual to have such a major blip or is this a relapse to do with the meds not working - help please! I’m feeling anxious and scared

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi. I'm.sorry to hear you are struggling. blips are very normal. it can take a while for the body to level.out with the dose of medication especially if you have increased it. I didnt find 20 too bad but when I increased ti 40 it was awful. farvworsw than when I had medication at all. it does get better it just takes time. i promise you it will make you feel.better eventually. i will say that i have been on it second time round for 2 years now. i randomly.had a anxiety attack this morning. mental health never really.goes away. try other things that can help.you besides the medication. it doesnt matter how silly.or trivial they may seem what ever helps distracts you through a bad time. I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

thanks Joanne - did you have major blips in the early months? why did you increase to 40?

• Posted

hi. yes I did. would do ok then be down. I still wasnt 100% on 20 so my dr advised I try 40. I was on 40 a few years previous to this and it was the correct level for me. I really did go downhill to start with and everything felt worse and like I would never feel better but I did. just give it Time. its hard but just go day by day x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.