Citalapram 40mg Cold Turkey

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 40mg of Citalapram for over ten years and decided to go cold turkey 2 weeks ago. I went to see my GP and said I didn't think I was getting any benefit from them so he gave me Mirtrazapine and omg 1 tablet and I was so ill in bed for 3 days dizzy and vomiting with terrible nausea so I thought right that's it I'm coming off everything.

Week 1 was pretty good no side effects no 'real' withdrawals but my word today (day 13) I am rough.

Aching everywhere, tired, nausea is awful, a bit snappy but not emotional. Still can't cry although I did get a bit weepy listening to a song on day 10.

I feel like I have flu symptoms and my head is so fuzzy and I'm very lethargic and my appetite has nose dived which is no bad thing as I've gained over 4st since taking these tablets.

Been taking paracetamol for the aches but it only takes the very slight edge of it.

I am starting talking therapy next week and I am determined to free myself from any need for tablets.I was just wondering if anyone had any advice

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You seem to have come thru the worst rosie . Im awaiting talking therapies also but think ur brave to have done that cold turkey. Def wouldnt reccomend it but hope ur a lot better. As for mirtazipine for me that was the worst anti depressant ive ever been on years ago side effects wise.. good luck in your therapy ;0)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.