Citalapram and weight gain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have put 7 pounds since starting citalapram in Jan, I'm still only 9 stone, however I am still eating the same, I'm infact cutting back slightly to help however I can't seem to loose anything has anyone else experienced this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think if and when meds kick in an help wi anx and dep naturally ur body starts to gsin weight as it takes alot of energy to b sick just my opinion
  • Posted

Kerry I have the same problem as you and also have cut back on amounts of food and eat healthily so not sure what to do.I will be speaking to my doctor about this issue in due course and will post when i get an answer.
  • Posted

Thank you, I have my review soon and would ask mine too, people tel me that the tablets are working and to ignore the weight gain,however I dot like it and weighing more makes me feel bad about myself,
    • Posted

I agree Kerry I am 4 kgs over what I normally am and it is affecting my blood pressure. I eat healthily and walk regularly.Just can't shift the weight!

i also have lost some self esteem. Please let me know how you go and I'm determined to find  a solution! So I'll help you once I do some research.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.