Citalapram HELP!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone

im really hoping foe a little advise from others in a similar situation.

I was on cit 20mg for many years i came off them last june, Stupidly just 6 months after i lost my mum.

i have recently gone back on them due to debilitating anxiety and some panic attacks

i cant remember how long they took to kick in last time but they did and i was doing great

this time around i have had every side effect, I'm just going into week 6 last week i had the best week i felt a little more me again but this weekend i felt awful again..... not as bad as 6 weeks ago but it was there again.

after chatting with the Doc they say up the does I'm struggling with doing this 20mg worked before so surly it will again.

please tell me that others have felt like this

much love

Nix x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

Yes , i am at 7 weeks and my side effects are still brutal. I have been worse the last three days than the prior week.

I started at 10mg for 4 weeks and now have been at 15mg for 3 weeks. I will not be raising again until i let this settle for at least six weeks.

I came off last september after only being on for nine months. I thought a vitamin deficiency had been my problem and i had solved it.

I improved the entire 9 months and really wasn't fully better until month 8. I started at 20mg and stayed there the entire time. Each month improving.

• Posted

Hey Thank you for your response.

its good to know im not alone, its such an awful thing to go through one moment your fine then your not.

im so pleased that you too got well last time im sure we will both be on the mend before long.

i know it takes time i just long to feel ME again.

i read that upping the does can cause side effects again given that mine have subsided i think i will just give it more time

take care

Nix x

• Posted

I had a big side effect increase just going from 10 to 15. I couldn't believe it.

My doctor says stay low and go slow. Giving the drug time is the key i think.

I should have led my reply by saying sorry about the loss of your mother.

I wish we didn't have to experience so much suffering as part of life.

• Posted

Thank you, its been tough but sadly its life 😦

my doc said to do one day at 20mg one at 40mg for a few weeks, i just dont think i can bare the side effects again!

plus as i said in my first message 20mg worked before so fingers crossed

Nix x

• Edited

im on week 15 and the blips have calmed a lot. ive also taken a whole nee outlook when the blips come you need to relax into them let them be there and let it pass

at this point its mainly how you react to them you are capable of retraining your brain it takes a lot of practice patience and persistence and reaffirmations. the medicine is working and will take months to fully work but you have to be putting in the work as well. if someone told me at week 6 that i had to retrain my way of thinking i would have told them that its not the problem, that something else is very wrong with me. ive successfully let go of trying to control the panic attacks and let them have their say. i see it for what it is and I carry on. i strongly suggest reading about handling intrusive thoughts and seeing a therapist to help learn how to deal with emotions.

• Posted

Hello Matt05488

thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and for replying.

i 100% hear you i started Therapy in Dec for PTSD and the loss of my mum i done TA therapy to help with that, i was then left with the anxiety so started lots of mindfulness and CBT im week 3 at a one to one CBT sessions which im already learning the cycle, understanding and excepting the feelings.

i just find Docs advice confusing NHS state cit will be fully working by 6 weeks but reading forums thats not the case.

im so pleased that your blips are tailing off im looking forward to that thank you for the reassurance

Nix x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.