Citalipran for 6 weeks Thursday..intrusive thoughts

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I am new to this group I have been on 10mg citalipram 6 weeks on Thursday I feel ok 1 minute then like my mind dusnt stop I get negative intrusive thoughts which I want them to go away! is it the anxiety causing it i have 3 young children and just want to be better for them and myself .my partner and a lot more people told me everybody gets intrusive thoughts just some people don't think nothing of them

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hey! yes, the intrusive thoughts are a side effect of anxiety and they are terrible! you cannot take them personally. give the medication time and your nervous system time as well to calm down if you can, find a good therapist that can get to the root of your anxiety disorder. the medication helps, but get to the root! i hope this helps you and stay the course . pray without ceasing!

• Posted

This probably doesnt help much but i was on 20mg originally for my intrusive thoughts and they didn't go away completely but were less and less vigorous. i went up to 30 after 3 months and i became constantly anxious, bot unbearable but just anxious. after 2 months we decided 30mg might be too much, 3 weeks into dropping back down to 20 my intrusive thoughts were so bad i didn't know what to do with myself. I've seen many people that had the same and managed to battle through. But i had to come off, it was too much, am on paroxitine for 3 days and am already seeing results. Again, not much help, but just letting you know you aren't alone!

• Posted

DDid you have them before starting meds just rang lots bells for me. Had them due to zopiclone withdrawal been taking citalopram for about 4 months also tried sertraline for couple months just made them whole lot worse so trying taper off now. Did you find coming off citalopram improved things then?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.