Citalophram for OCD..Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just starting Citalophram and should I continue..Anxiety went up along with ruminating and intrusive thoughts..Started last week on 10mg now on week 2 at 20mg..Felt good 1st week on 10mgs..Going up on dosage started the anxiety and etc..Haven't had nausea and vomiting though..Please let me know to stay the course or if i'm wasting time or should I go back on 10mgs and slow roll..Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry if this sounds blunt but I can't imagine why you would want to increase the dosage if you were feeling alright on 10 mg.

• Posted

No problem..Being blunt is cool..I went up because of what it said on the bottle..It says 10mgs for a week then up dosage to 20mgs..Thought that was Dr's instructions..BTW I feel better today,but Dr said go back to 10mgs..Thanks for your reply

• Posted

Glad you're feeling better.  Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi, just wanted to ask how are you getting on with citilapram, i have also intrusive thoughts ruminations ect. but on sertraline, not sure if to increase mine or not i still find i have these disturbing thoughts. Let me know how you get on thanks
    • Posted

Hi Michael,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner..Still on Citalopram 10mgs..It's been 6 weeks with ups and down,but I feel like i'm in a in between stage where i'm kinda feeling good and not..Still get anxiety over BS thoughts,but like KatieCogs says stay the course so I do..I am still thinking about going to 20mgs next week since I've been on 10mgs for 6 weeks and still get anxiety..Wish me luck and write back..?🏾&🛐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.