Citalopram 10, 20 for 18weeks including 30mg for 13 weeksr

Posted , 5 users are following.

Although feeling better than I did five months ago I am still getting alot of physical problems and just do not feel back to myself physically and so not feel strong. I suffer with health anxiety, general anxiety and depression. Also mentally with regard to feeling emotion and being happy. Any ideas.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi june i suffer bad health anxiety as well its awful isnt it. What physical side effects have you been having? Im only on day 10 but already pain and discomfort in my neck, jaw and throat, think my dr is getting sick of me lol

• Posted

My health anxiety started in June. I have had so many tests over the months as I could not swallow well only soup and shakes. Had endoscopy x3, barium swallow, mri of neck and head as my neck and back has been so bad.I can swallow better now but still find it uncomfortableand struggle to believe it is all down to the A word as I refer to it as nowas anxietysick of that word!! I am improving 4 and a half months in but still get physical symptoms ie muscle twitching and lack of energy motivation etc. I also just want to feel happy again. Positives are I am sleeping better and interacting with my children better too and am back to work now for 3 months after having 3 months off. I suffered at the beginning with dreadful panic attacks which thankfully have stopped too.

• Posted

I'm gon say your dose is too high. If you increase dosage too soon into meds, you never know if lower dossge will work. It works slowly and needs time. With your current confition, if I were you, I'd drop to 25 mg and settle there for 6-8 weeks. I started at 20mg. Too much for me. Slowly taprred to 10 , and its been fine for me

• Posted

I have been on this dose now for 13 weeks my psychiatrist upped it from 20mg.

• Posted

Probably too much for you. Imo you needed much more time to settle on 20mg

• Posted

hi june i have health anxiety too as you know and have just gone up to 30 so feeling worried now about feeling worse - certainly dont feel great at the moment. 25 is hard as you have to use a pill cutter which doesnt work very well so its hard to keep the dose consistent. Have you talked to your doc?

• Posted

I see my doctor every 4 to 5 weeks. My psychiatrist upped the dose 13 weeks ago from 20 to 30 I was definitely worse then as I did not work for 3 months and have been back for nearly 3 months now. My anxiety and depression were really bad and I have health anxiety too. I suffered from dreadful panic attacks thankfully they have all stopped. I just want to feel happy again. Following people on this forum really helps, they say it can take 6 to 8 months to start to see recovery it is a slow process.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.