Citalopram 10 mg Dilated pupils after 6 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

Started feeling really odd...had a strange hour long kinda like a sleepy panic attack on day 6. Looked in mirror & was shocked to see large pupils. I have been having forehead & eyebrow headaches since...contacted dr & they said to cut in 1/2 & see if helps...and if gets worse to go to er. If pupils continue to be dilated but headache not worse then to not go off completely in 5 days to make sure that is the cause of this. I did a bit of research and see that it can, in rare cases, have this effect. Anyone else have this happen?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

Yes! I have had tight head and tight straining eyes and sore eye browns and forehead. Not sure if my pupils have changed though? I am on week 12 on 20mg Citilopram - can't deal with these side effects anymore as im not living a normal life, its worse than the anxiety and depression (which has subsided with taking these tabs). Called dr today and have to reduce to 10mg for 2 weeks, then see how i feel.

• Posted

Oh thank you so much for responding! Your description sounds EXACTLY like my head ache. I keep pressing my eyebrows & rubbing top of head : ( I did the 1/2 of the 10 Tues & did not take last night. I can't function with these dilated eyes & the headache is awful.

• Posted

Thanks so mych for reply. i think im going mad. oh gosh we sound so much the same. So do you mean you are on 10mg now? are you weening off altogether after 6 weeks? im hoping that because ive only been taking them for 11 weeks that as i reduce and then eventually stop - that a) i dont feel awful with withdrawl and b) anxiety does not start again.

I have had such a tight forehead and clenched eyes that so many more wrinkles have appeared. Ive furrowed my head and eyes constantly now for weeks that i can hardly keep my eyes open. its awful. let me know if it gets any better.

• Posted

We are all mad right? lol.....I started with 10 mg just last week on the 6th....Everything was okay until this Monday, day #6 & then dilated pupils & the headache. I hope your going down to 10 is helpful. The dr told me before I started that generally most people have LESS side effects after they bump up.....I am not so sure that I will be finding that out though as I can NOT go on with the headache & the dilated pupils...light sensitivity is hard when you have to work.

• Posted

Hi

Just wondering if your head and eyes are any better after weaning off the meds? i just took my first 10 last night, head and eyes still feel awful...

• Posted

Hiya : ) So far today no headache yet ...although one eyebrow hurts...and I "think" eyes are less dilated...waiting for daylight to hit so I can be sure.

• Posted

hi there again

Just wondering if your eyes and head feel any better? have you managed to wean off the meds now? i am in the process of weaning. Its now week 12 since starting these meds but now taking just 5mg every 2nd day, hoping to stop totally by next week coz they seemingly are still in your system for another 2-3 weeks after stopping. I feel much better but still have a heavy head and eye strain, and eyes seem to be very heavy and light sensitive I feel like I need to close my eyes, even when swimming and walking!!! Any of this sound familiar? this seems to be a very rare side effect (i hope it is a side effect and that it will stop) otherwise i start to panic all over again that i will feel like this for ever x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.