Citalopram (10mg) - 7 weeks now, still struggling

Posted , 1 user is following.

I requested to go on a low dose of citalopram as my anxiety was beginning to soar following yet another change in my role (I have since quit).

However, it has now been 7 weeks and I am still all over the place.

My side effects include:

• Increased anxiety
  • Brain fog
  • Lower sex drive
  • Difficulty climaxing
  • Dissociation - something I already struggle with an awful lot
  • Fatigue
  • Emotional numbness
  • Apathy
  • Worsening of ADHD symptoms - more impulsive and stimming like crazy at times
  • A sudden desire to end my relationship with a woman I have been seeing for 11 months (this worries me the most)

But I have also had random moments of calmness and happiness, interspersed with of all the above.

I will be speaking to my GP tomorrow but I don't know whether to stick with it or ask to taper off. I certainly wouldn't entertain going up to 20mg as I tend to be extra sensitive to medications and I am already struggling on 10mg.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

N.B. I am a 33 year old male who has been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, BPD, candida and probable CPTSD.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.