Citalopram 10mg can anyone help ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi x

i have been on 10mgs of citalopram for nearly 16 weeks now ! the start was horrific i am feeling better than i did back then but i am still not feeling myself i am still feeling anxious and still have intrusive thoughts and low mood have been feeling angry and down recently and i am scared i wont feel normal again i feel like i am struggling a bit with the dread feeling !! i am terrified to try a stronger dose i just think that the ten mgs should be working x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey Lynne! I have been on 10 mg down from 20 mg last two weeks.

The 20 mg was sedating and i felt terrible for 3 and half months.

I havent been feeling that great either still.

I get the intrusive thoughts and anxiety and low mood.

What type of thoughts do you get?

Are you able to go out and do things outside?

• Posted

hey

yeah i still go out and do the day to day things its just things like my mind is racing with all these thoughts which create a feeling ! sometimes it gets very intense its like i wanna scream fir my brain to shut up lol x

• Posted

It took me 7 months to finally feel pretty much better. I was on 10mg and they increased because I was not better at 1 month to 20mg. And boy do I regret that! I stuck with that dose for 6 months and felt awful, I had all of the symptoms that you listed and more! I finally decided to go down to 15 and I guess that was the right dose for me, I finally feel better. So, if you decide to increase try to go up slowly, try 15mg for a month or so and see how you feel before jumping up to 20mg. They do work, just takes the right dose, and the right amount of time to work.

Best Wishes!

• Posted

hey x

its awful isnt it ! im glad your feeling better now ! i will keep at the 10s for another while hopefully they help x

• Posted

you will settle i reduced to 6mg nearly a year ago and lately i was getting much better until i got a new brand of liquid and it was faulty bigger drops so now feel like hell all over again x

• Posted

oh no thats horrible

always make sure you ask for the same brand all the time ! if the chemist doesnt have it in go to another or ask them to order it in for you (i work in a chemist ) hate when that happens x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.