Citalopram 10mg to 20mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have recently (yesterday) had my dosage upped to 20mg. And sorry for the tmi but I am having really bad diarrhoea and was wondering if this is normal? It doesn't help that I have terrible health anxiety so I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this? And what else did you experience when your dosage was upped?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yer it's very common. Lasted a few weeks for me. I experienced heightened anxiety and mild headaches also as well as loss of appitite. It's just unfortunately something that can happen when you increase dose or start.

• Posted

me also kate, i had an upset stomach for almost a whole month when starting citalopram (along with no appetite).  i started with 10mg for several days and then went to 20mg.  pretty much the first day of me not having an upset stomach is today; i would certainly recommend to anyone that although the upset stomach is no fun, you should try to keep going as for most people that side effect does pass, and then the benefits come
    • Posted

It's so strange because I don't remember having it this bad with the 10mg, but as soon as I upped my dose it's started so that must be it, just hard because I have major health anxiety so I'm thinking its other things. Hopefully the benefits start kicking in soon!

• Posted

My stomachs definitely started off dodgier when i first went on citalopram. Think it's got better now 😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.