citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

Took my med last night slept like a baby till 5am this morning,.

Felt terrible when I got up, sweating, anxiety worse than before vomiting panicking suicidal thoughts. took my propanolol and diazapine calmed down a bit now, but just want it all to end.

Im on my own today and just cannot cope with it.

Dont know if I want to carry on with this med, if things dont get any better, Im scared I might do something stupid.

Please talk to me

Danielle.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle

I am too sitting at home alone. Started to take citalopram some 3 weeks ago but all I seem to be feeling is anxiety and a desire to be dead. I am glued to a telly, my memory is quite bad and I keep eating all the time. What a laugh!!!

• Posted

Dont think I could carry on like this for 3 wks, dont you feel any different since you started taking it??

What do you take it for depression/anxiety??

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

Please do not worry-I have been in the same position before-it will get better! I have just got back from the Doctor who has just prescribed Citalopram. I have never taken it before but having read a lot of people's comments it seems as though these tablets really help and the side effects are not bad for most people. I understand how u feel but u need to try and step back from your situation and look at it from the outside. If your friend was in this position what would u tell them? Do u think it would really seem that bad? Of course not. U can and will get through this. I was feeling really really low a few years back and did do \"something stupid\" but luckily fate intervened and I am so glad it did. Please pick up the phone and call someone-anyone-a friend, family member, counsellor etc etc. The help is there, u just have to ask for it. Hope this helps a little. I will be thinking about u ;-)

• Posted

Hi Danielle and Eva

Citalopram, initially, intensifies the sleeplessness and anxiety of some patients who take this drug. I experienced severe insomnia and intense anxiety/panic attacks which lasted for the 7 weeks that I took citalopram. I was eventually advised to stop taking citalopram because it made me feel suicidal.

I was then prescribed amitriptyline, a tricyclic antidepressant. This also has side effects. It increases the heart rate, causes a dry mouth, constipation and drowsiness. However, whilst taking amitriptyline I no longer experienced insomnia and intense anxiety/panic attacks.

• Posted

Hi zxzx, Spoke to my husband on phone, and he is on his way home, that makes me feel a bit better.

It just seems like the cure is worse than the illness, didnt feel this bad before I took this med.

Thanks for your kind words, let me know how you get on.

Danielle

• Posted

Well done D

I know its hard to ask for help but we all need it sometimes. Look after yourself and do not let ANYTHING beat u.

Good luck-u will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.