citalopram 1st time

Posted , 5 users are following.

sad i started taken citaopram 20mg and i coulnt belive the syptoms they was so bad i know you are ment to keep taken them but in the end i just stoped and went in to withdrow i had taken them sunday and that alone was enough 4 me i then kept sayin to myself should i take my next one tomorrow or leave it which i did. sunday when i had taken the first tab i felt hot then boiling my head was hurting which set of my sinus then i felt sick didnt want too eat then my feet was burning thinking around bed time this will ease of no it got worse and worse my head was on fire so was my feet and then i couldnt sleep it was horrable the next day monday i felt worse same things again my poor heaf was banging my shoulders and arms hurting just burning up i just thought i cant go though this today i feel better tuesday for not taken the other tab im phoning my doc tommorow to see if she let me go on the lower doese 10mg that was just too much which stress me out more trying not to fall asleep in the day its a nitemare i let you know how i am tommorow and what my doc says :o

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have been taking 20mg for just over 2 weeks now and must be a lucky person reading your about your experiences with citalopram.I can relate to your feeling tired in the day time and I am still not sleeping well at night but try and stick at it because I do feel the benefit. Please remember that when taking these it isn't a steady progression to feeling better you will have some good days and then some bad days but hopefully given time the good days will start to win over. Good luck

• Posted

:oops: I was on Citralopram a while ago for about one year and i suffered similar side effects to you. Virtually the whole time i was on them i was sweating buckets - even just sitting in a chair i couldnt control the heat waves. Eventuallly i stopped taking them - just too hot and bothered.

If your side effects dont subside i'd ask your doctor if you could try Sertraline, in my oppinion these are miles better for treating dpression ive been on them for three weeks, i dont feel depressed at all and i havent suffered any bad side effects. Everyones different but its worth a try. good luck :lol: :P

• Posted

I have been taking Citalopram 10 mg for just over two week now and its my first time on the tablet. I can definatly see the difference they hae made within that short space of time not a huge amount but everything takes time. I totally know what you mean about the side effects i have had trouble sleeping since iv been on them and when i do eventually fall asleep most nights i have really bad dreams, which has just started since taking the tablet. My legs and arms feel really heavy in the morning, but in saying all this i am determind to get through the side effects stay on the tablets and make my life better.

Clare x

• Posted

Hi, I have been taking these about 3 weeks now 1 week on 10mg and 2 weeks on 20mg, I think the first week was the worse but since then I have been very up and down with a good day followed by a bad day. I am hopeing that they kick in and start to make me feel better soon, the worst seems to be first thing in the morning when the anxiety kicks in and the lethargy. Does anyone know when I will begin to have more energy and start to feel better with more continuity? Good luck to everyone who's just started taking them and hope it helps to change your life around.
  • Posted

I was advised to take the tablet first thing in the morning and it seems to have worked really well. I have felt a bit lethargic but get round that by having an afternoon kip and just taking things a bit easier. Ride my bike but just a bit slower etc. Sleeping really well at night to as by 10 I can't keep my eyes open. Ian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.