Citalopram 20 mg please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on citalopram 5 weeks , the morning anxiety is not good, shouldn't it be better by now, sometimes its bearable but other days its horrible, would like some help, thank you

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jessie, I just woke up about an hour ago and I'm dealing with it too. I'm not sure of your situation but oddly enough I find that blankets help ease the anxiety. I just like three blankets on top of me and that seems to help. Luckily I'm home from work today so I can use that method. Something else that eased my anxiety recently was drinking less or no coffee. I think the caffeine was making my heart race and freaking me out. You can do it, things will get better! Hope you have a good day!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I am not in work at moment been offsick, how do you cope going to work, if you don't mind me asking how long have you been on cit

• Posted

Today is actually only my second day taking CIT. The side effects are horrible so far. I took another SSRI a couple years ago for a while though. Hope you are feeling better at this point. 
  • Posted

you will find that citalopram works differently to different.So on some days you will have no side effects ,and on other days you might get side effects.Remember all medications that is sold can give you some effects as the medication operates within your metabolism .5 weeks is not that long for this medication.
  • Posted

HI. A lot of people say morning anxiety is the last thing to go. I would agree. 5 weeks is still early days and the fact that you are doing better is good. I still get a bit of morning anxiety and I've been in citalopram since mid November. I find getting up and doing routine things help. If I sit about it increases my anxiety. Find something that helps you or distracts you and focus on doing that. It will get easier. It also may be time to consider an increases in dose too. I went from 20 to 30 after about 6 or 7 weeks and really noticed a difference. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.