Citalopram 20mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

just looking for abit of advice.

Been on Citalopram 20mg for 13 weeks.

The first 2 weeks i had worsening of anxiety/ headaches & nausea.

But no anxiety or panic attacks after week 2.

During my 13 weeks, i have been still having blips of low mood,but felt much calmer & the future seemed abit brighter.

Now things have changed...the past 3 weeks ive been getting terrible headaches & feeling exhausted.

When i first started i had so much energy.

I feel back to square one. My anxiety as came back with a vengeance along with the intrusive thoughts.

I'm unsure if this is normal on week 13 or do i need to up the dose because they've stopped working.

I'm not calm anymore & not seeing the future as bright & happy.

Any information appreciated. Tia

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Perfectly normal - the anxiety will come back many times as you recover. Blips. Over time it'll get less intense as each blip happens and eventually stop coming. Intrusive thoughts are just a side effect of anxiety. They'll lessen as the anxiety lessens.

• Posted

Kate is right. Same here. Ive been on it for almost a year and there are always ups and downs. The bad slowly gets less and less. Stick with it!

• Posted

Thank you...wasn't quite sure if it had stopped working because of how i've felt the past week.

This is the worst i've felt since starting so can't really complain.

@katecogs i have saw on another post that 13 weeks is still early days.

My brand of Citalopram has changed this time round & was wandering if that had something to do with it, as i'd also read about that.

Thanks @laura459 i will continue as normal & hope for the best

• Posted

The meds don’t stop working - its usually some stressy event that may have caused a blip, though they often just crop up for no reason at all. Its all part of recovery. Yes 13 weeks is relatively early still. Count recovery in months, not weeks too. Took me 6 months (some people take longer, some quicker) xx

Different brands of Citalopram do seem to cause people to have anxiety - though the active ingredient is the same its often the shell (inactive ingredient) that can differ and some people can react.

However it could just be a blip and nothing to do with the different brand.

Insist on your normal brand, or try a different Pharmacy next time, just to be sure.

• Posted

ive been taking my 10mg pill tommorow for 2 weeks most side effects have gone now only when i wake up is the worse but i know itll slowly get better i guess im debating when to up to 20mg

• Posted

Thanks for your reply @katecogs

I will ask for the brand i usually have when i put in my repeat.

Hope i will eventually start to feel better. 😃

• Posted

Yes I'm the same, i guess it will wear off eventually x

• Posted

I do hope so...i do laugh it off but some dreams aren't nice x

• Posted

Forgot to ask

Does anyone have dreams since being on the medication.

I've never dreamt so much in my life, but every night i am having dreams

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.