Citalopram 20mg Experience/Opinions???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take 20mg of Celexa per day. I started 1 month ago because I felt I was unnecessarily suffering from Anxiety and Depression. I quit my job and layed in bed for months... Finally went to a doctor and asked for Celexa (was recommended it by a counsellor). She said it'd help with my issues. I was nervous as hell to take them, as I tried Paxil once, for a short time, and it sucked! I put it off for months... Until my last anxiety attack... I finally said "That's enough".

Anyway... I started them one month ago and the worst side effects I felt were... metallic taste in mouth for no more than 2 days?... and minor headache on day 1 and 2. Minor nausea but honestly nothing I couldn't handle, without drugs. First 2 weeks I ate ALOT, felt so hungry and never full!... And honestly, now I just feel normal. I don't feel like my brain is constantly running a mile a minute or coming up with worst case scenarios, I even feel more confident in myself, I feel secure in my relationship.

I used to feel insecure and mentally exhausted on the daily!!! No exaggeration. It hindered my relationship as I never wanted to hang out with people, especially women. I never went grocery shopping as I felt insecure about people noticing my insecurness (that a word?).... I used to worry about everything, I was the master of what ifs.... But now... I feel relief... I'm actually kind of bored sometimes now. My mind is at peace. I can think about ONE THING AT A TIME now. I made friends with my step daughters bio mom. I'm resurrecting friendships because I FEEL LIKE IT.

I feel silly I even felt anxiety about taking an antidepressant.

Dont get me wrong, I still get anxiety, but only when it's actually healthy and necessary and actually logical.

I hope this feeling persists if I continue Celexa 20mg/day.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking both Citalapram and a statin for years, both prescribed by my doctor but, like many people, still feel as if taking an antidepressant is "wrong". I guess that is the stigma about admitting to mental problems.

• Posted

I have been taking both Citalapram and a statin for years, both prescribed by my doctor but, like many people, still feel as if taking an antidepressant is "wrong". I guess that is the stigma about admitting to mental problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.