citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone iv been put on citalopram 10mg  after been on mitazapine fof 10 years and took my first one on friday ov last week i had 4 nightmares in one night and realy bad other symtoms i dont know what to do iv gone 2 nights without anything do i give them another go and stick it out for a couple ov weeks has i only had one tablet any advice will be helpful thank you liz 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi l think u had nightmares bcoz of withdrawal symptoms from mitazipane, Citalprom only kicks in after 2 to 3 weeks and 10mg is not much, l am on 40 mg have been for 3 years , l have never had nightmares.
    • Posted

Hiya richard thank you for your reply have you been ok on   citaloprom and do you think i should give them another go im on other meds for differnent things liz
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, how are you doing? I have just spoke to my doc about changing from mirtazapine to citalapram, been on mirtazapine for about 3 years now, tried to come off twice but both times felt so awful had to go back on. Just interested to know if you are cross tapering? Reduce mirt to 15 and start taking 20 mg of cit straight off, gradually reducing the mirt each week and then after 4 weeks being completely off and continuing with 20mg of cit. This is what I have been advised to do and am a bit scared. Would be interested to know how your getting on? Hope you are well, Lisa 
    • Posted

Hiya lisa i was taken of mirtazapine after 10 years within a week take one miss a night take one miss two nights take one miss two nights again and stop then started citalapram 10mgs on friday last week and had 4 nightmares in one night body been stitching headaches and i got scared to take another and had nothing for two nights and started to get pain everywere no sleep ect so im giveing citalapram another go and going to stick it out till see docter in three weeks took one last night and slept better no nightmares so i think its comeing of mitazapine thats done it had nine ov them now for a week and never going back on them let me know how you get on hun stick it out we will get there liz
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, wow coming off within a week seems a bit harsh, what dose was you on? I currently take 30mg...am abit worried about being sick from work so planning some annual leave soon and then I'm gonna go for it, mirt holding me back in so many ways sad are you taking your cit at night? The doc said if I started not to sleep to take at night instead of morning....would love to know how you get on with this journey and am here for support, be lovely to stay in touch tc xx
    • Posted

Hiya lisa and good morning i was on 30mg but i had my up and down moments sometimes they were put up to 45mg but dident like them so they put them back down again but mostly 30mg im of them now havent had one ov them for a week today going to stay away from them the cit i take at ten on a night the only prob with them at mo is a stiff jaw had no nightmares last night just tossed and turned a little dont know if you have facebook hun but you can find me on there Elizabeth Pickard its the one with my son in pic and we could stay intouch take care liz 
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, will look you up tonight, thank you hun smile Be great to stay in touch, How are you feeling today?? tc and speak soon Lisa
    • Posted

Hi lisa that would be good to stay intouch look forward to adding you had a little trip to docters today felt it was affecting my stomach found out that cit affects omprazole so now have to chance the night to morning and take my other tablet 2 hours before how are you doing on cit hope is going good for you hun liz xx
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, How are you feeling today?? I looked for you on FB unfortunately could not find you, but was on my phone, will have a look on the lap top tonight hun. I will pm you my details and maybe you could look me up. What is Ompazole huni?? I have not done my cross taper yet...am planning to do it when I have some annual leave from work... am so scared of feeling unwell again but I really need to do this...I want of the mirt!! will keep you posted for sure. Hope you ok today and chat soon Lisa xx
    • Posted

Hiya hun today im tierd just haveing naps during day and was never doing that omprazole is Acid tablets for stomach i had docters phone me last night and they said just keep takeing them it should settle but today never took ompazole stomach not been too bad they yarwing it terrible and stiff jaw but im going to stick them out and see were i am in couple ov weeks try to take yourself of the mitazipine hun in your hols  beacause the longer i was on them the more ill i felt they are not a good tablet to be on for long time if you send me your deatails i will look you up hun liz xx
  • Posted

Hi, just wanted to add a coupke of things.

First I have nighmares even if I take a bit more that a little(0.5mg) of melatonin. My brain is very active and have many dreams so I think it makes a difference how easy to trigger nighmares.

The second is 1 (as in one pill) 30 Cit. took me to the deepest parts of hell when I took it 9 month ago. Probably dosage plays a role here too and I think I am very sensitive. How sensitive? Let me write down the physical effects it had.

(full disclosure....the only other pill in this cathegory that I ever took was Cipralex more that 5 years ago for 1 year.... but it had 6 month brains freeze withdrwal effact after I stopped it)

So I took the 30mg Cit.  I could not get up to pee or drink water for 24hrs. Next 24 hours thats all I was capable of doing. Third day, feeling better I felt like eating a bit a 1/2 can of soup sent me back to bed. It was a week I was able to eat more that a few bites.

9 month later I am still stugling with my stomach. Acid test is good and if I don't eat more that 1/2 portion I don't get the discomfort, so amount seem to be an issue for me. No appetite, stomach seems shut down a lot.

good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.