Citalopram 3 weeks :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i have upper abdo pain constant (a dull ache) for last 9 weeks. It affects my movement because it becomes sharp and has been debillatating (i can no longer look after my children so my partners mum is looking after us all although shes had enough) so ive had tests and only thing to come of it so far has been a small hiatel hernia which they say wouldnt be hurting me. They then put me on 10mg citalopram. Since ive started taking this (i still am in pain constant) but im on week 3 and feel out of it, dizzy, always trying to find a reason for my pain as im desperate to go home and live like we used to. And still get panicky, and anxious in mornings especially. Is this normal? Is it just a side effect? I sat in the car last night and my pain became bad like a swelling and i felt like i couldnt breathe sad im confused if this is just anxiety or because of the pain. Wish i knew what was going on x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I lost 2 stone during this time too although im trying to put it back on. The latest my doc has come up with is Gastritis and gave me sucraflate and lanzoprazole but no test (awaiting a small bowel mri results still too) although ive been waiting for them for 2 weeks x
  • Posted

Hi Kerry, I think if you have upper abdomen pain and being gastritis, your doctor should send you to do a simple test to rule out a bacteria infection which is one of the main culprits of tummy inflammation. Ask for more tests and try to have a plain diet so it doesnt irritate even further your stomach.  Good luck 
  • Posted

Sounds like the medication isn't suiting you and is not helping your pain. Go back to your doctor and ask for a different medication.

• Posted

Common side effects of Citalopram

dry mouth

sweating a lot

being unable to sleep

feeling sleepy

feeling tired or weak

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.