Citalopram 30mg and mirtazapine

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello all has anyone been on citalopram 30mg and mirtazapine before for anxiety and depression ? I'm already on citalopram have been for years and years. I was on 40 mg but I was getting heart palpitations so my doctor advised me to go to 30mg I've been at 30mg for over

10 weeks now and my anxiety and depression are still there so my doctor has given me mirtazapine to take alongside citalopram 30mg . just wondered is anyone on this combo for anxiety and depression please xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

When all my symptoms started 14 yrs ago I was put on amitriptyline and xanax . It helped a lot . Then I weaned off the amitriptyline after a few yrs and just took xanax as needed. Over this past summer my symptoms started coming back bad again and I tried the amitriptyline again and this time it didn't help at all. So I was put on citalopram and topiramate with xanax. It wasn't working so she upped the citalopram. Now I am on 30 mg of citalopram in the morning with .25 xanax and 25 mg topiramate with .5 xanax at bedtime and I am finally feeling relief again. Hope it lasts!

• Posted

hello thank you for your reply. glad you are starting to feel yourself again. I'm starting the mirtazapine tonight says take it at bedtime. I'm so scared to take it just incase it makes me worse. 😪

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.