Citalopram 4 months

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey yall. Today marks 4 months for me on Citalopram. Still feeling very low and not happy. Didnt get any sleep last night after a hardcore drinking session. Only slept 1 hour and made me feel very terrible today. Should I still be feeling like this after 4 months. Its like I have fuzz in my brain and cant think or concentrate. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Alcohol will definately mess up your sleep, as it's a depressant that will probably be why you feel terrible today. It can take 6 months for Citalopram to lift your mood, don't give up yet. If you want to keep drinking while on meds, perhaps you could drink a little less? Is the fuzzy brain from the hangover or in general?
    • Posted

The fuzzy head is just in general. Always have it.
    • Posted

I'm not sure why it works but sometimes drinking plenty of water can help and fish oils - omega 3 and 6
    • Posted

I will for sure give that a go. I just thought by now I would feel better after 4 months. Its like I dont even know where the last 4 months have gone. I feel like I have a brain tumor and no one is going to catch it in time. Can it really take 6 months for it to kick in?
    • Posted

It's 3- 6 months. Have you gone back to your GP? They might ask you to increase your dose.
    • Posted

I will be going back at the end of this month. Currently on 20mg so might want to up that to 30mg. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.