Citalopram 40mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I was on citalopram for 5years then came off it unexpectedly as I was sick in February and then went back on it at 40mg along with mirtazapine and propranolol. In June I came off the mirtazapine (I didn’t like it) so I’ve been on citalopram 40mg for 6months now without any breaks. I had a really bad, traumatic day yesterday and today I’ve woke up with the worst anxiety and I keep telling myself it’s ok and everything will be fine but I just can’t shift it. I can’t eat, couldn’t sleep and feel so shaky. I’m unsure what to do as I just feel broken! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your probably having discontinuation side effects from the martizapine..
  • Posted

Would this happen even after just 15 mg? All it’s been about 3 weeks since I e been off it xx
  • Posted

I'm so sorry your feeling that way. I hope it passes. I was on citalopram for 9 yrs, went off, everything went real bad. Trying to get back on. Start 10 mg tomorrow after a wk on 5mg. Hope it doesn't make anxiety too bad. Going to stick with it though as I know it gets better. Hang in there sweetie. I'm finding there's a lot of us going through the same things. You're not alone. Prayers coming your way

• Posted

Lois is spot on. A small dose of mirtazapan is given with another anti depressant, specifically to help you sleep, as it takes the edge off anxiety. Its given in small doses, as its not the main anti depressant, although provides a reasonable amount of sedation. 3 weeks of not having it, have probably allowed your anxiety to gradually build up. Youll have to give it time, to see whether you adjust or not. If the anxiety doesnt go away, try a lower does of the mirt?
  • Posted

You know a few years ago I had exactly that same symptoms. Mine was caused by my diabetic son leaving home and getting a flat of his own in another area. I just could not cope with not seeing that he was up each morning and ate etc before he went to bed and tested before he got into his car. I was ruining my life and my husband and two daughters were affected too by my anxiety.  I was given citalopram and propanalol (half inderal) beta blocker -I still take the propanalol am frightened to stop it - I could not cope with the citalopram at all it made me feel my head was floating and it blocked my hearing and put me off my food even more than the anxiety. I was awake by 4am every day having just maybe not long before fallen asleep. I was worn out. I just could not get my son and his diabetes out of my head. Anyway I got another doctor who prescribed amitriptyline 25 or 30mg but I could only take 25mg. It took a while but all of a sudden things went to the back of my mind and I was able to start rebuilding my mind. I still worry because it's the way I am but can cope now. Do you have a particular worry on your mind too. 

Hope you get better soon 

• Posted

Thank you everyone sending you all my love and prayers xx
    • Posted

The doctor has put me back on the mirtazapine 15 mg to see if that helps. I’m hoping my anxiety will go away!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.