Citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 6 months I have been dipping in and out of taking my meds, I'm in 20mg, some weeks I take them then other times forget, I was on holiday for a month and only took a few, but I'm back I have started to take them everyday for 2 weeks and my anxiety has heightened does anyone think this is a side effect because I'm taking them more regularly??

Please let me know

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Im only on day 5 of myn 10 mg and feel rotten does it get any better and if so how long sparkly
    • Posted

I started back on mine in October and my anxiety increased big time but started to settle on week 5, try to stick with it, it seems awful st the time but really worth it!!
    • Posted

Do these tablets actually work then and if so how long do the side effects take to go
  • Posted

I'm no doctor but I'd say definetly , when I went away on a trip for a week I was drinking a lot more than usual & I think this lessened the effect of my 20mg cit when I returned & drank a lot less the old side effects returned . I have subsequently reduced to 10 mg & have never felt better. The 20mg dose could be a little high for you.

• Posted

How long do u have to b on them b4 u notice the benefit of them workin is it the tablets or is ir just im panikin about bein on them
    • Posted

For me it was 5 weeks , I'd almost given up by then . I think my 20mg dose was too high to start on so the side effects continued longer

• Posted

Tammy

I've never felt this good for years thanks for asking. A few weeks ago I would never have believed things could turn around & I would be back to my old self , I had a lot of support on this forum with people saying " you will get your life back " but I was starting to doubt , my work life & home life stresses are all there but now it's water of a ducks back . Everyone just needs the right balance with this drug, & don't give up.

• Posted

Just feel realy low at min like i carnt b bothered to do anything and all i want is for these tablets to work and get myself back to how i use to be how much longer have i got to wait i dont know
    • Posted

I know how you feel I just wanted someone to flick a switch and I'd be better, it is a long process but I promise you'll get there, this forum is brilliant to have, day or night for the reassurance that us anxiety sufferers need, I am having a wee blip at the minute but I know I will overcome it but that's hard when I'm feeling so rotten

Just be patient you will feel brighter soon x

• Posted

Tammy

You will definetly feel better but it does take time for the cit to work , my first week was horrendous the lowest I've ever felt , I wanted to stop taking then but this forum & my doctor persuaded me to carry on but although the second week was better it was over a month before things settled. My only respite was reading on my kindle , I read more books in two months than I usually read in two years. Just stick it out & you will be happy again.

• Posted

Thanx for the possitive feed back just feel realy down
  • Posted

I'm the same I read slot of books couldn't watch TV or read magazines because of all the horrible news it was so weird it frightened me

• Posted

Im the same sparkly read magazines but couldnt concertrate so just sit and do nothin cus feel as i carnt b bothered

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.