Citalopram 6 weeks dose been upped from 20mg too 30mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don’t feel like I’m getting any better or things are getting any easier I just need some help on what I could do I don’t enjoy doing anything like I used to I have got aniexty depression and a bit off ocd I just want someone to tell me that this medication works and will take all them feelings away 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sophie

Welcome to the site

I take 20mg of same medication and now been on them for around ten years, without problems. Remember we are all different and your GP will be keeping an eye on you and your medications. It is important you take your medications every day at 30mg, your GP remember is in partnership with you to keep and make you feel more calm.

BOB

• Posted

It all depends on you and the dose of the medication, give it a few more weeks and see how it goes.

In my case this medication is a small part of a complex medication pathway that includes Opiates and other types of drugs

BOB

• Posted

Sophie

We are all different, hopefully allow about five weeks for your increased dose too work.  It is all difficult as mentioned before I have been on this drug for ten years

BOB

• Posted

Sophie

AD medications on their own will not completely sort out your problems, they only take the edge of your condition and help you address those problems that are making you feel ill. You may need some CBT so you can talk out your problems.

At this time you are not alone I am having the same, weekly and hopefully I will address my problems and move on. Ask your GP for a course of treatment to complement your medication. It may be He is awaiting your upped medication time to work before making an appointment for you

BOB

• Posted

Your GP will possibly offer you a course of talking therapy, CBT, this will help you talk out your concerns and hopefully help you control your illness.

Talking therapy generally lasts for six weeks, they will explain Relaxation Techniques and most probably explain Breathing techniques as well. To come to terms with our Depression  helps us hopefully to recover

BOB

• Posted

Hello Sophie. Sorry that you are having so much trouble getting your medicine adjusted but I think that you will. Sophie I don't think that it's realistic to think meds will take away all your feelings but I think they can help you regulate the anxiety and depression. Have you ever tried therapy? Counseling is slow and hard work but I can tell you it is what has given me the quality of life that I have today. I don't know your age but therapy can help us at any age. Will you keep us posted? Diane

• Posted

Sophie, you have to be patient, it's annoying! All the best angel xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.