citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, after my discussion 8 mths ago about taking citalopram tablets I have now put on weight mostly around the stomach which is annoying as I have had to buy the next size trousers up, I have always been a size 12 but now need a size 14, I have felt a lot calmer on these tablets & they are still working for me after a year now its just the weight gain that I hate, My daughter has been on these tablets but has decided to try something different as she hated the weight gain on her belly as well..Hope this helps !!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I’m exactly the same been on these a year and put  on over a stone but doc told me weight gain not a side effect🙄

• Posted

I think they are one of the side affects louise it even say so on the instructions, you either lose weight or gain it & unfortunetly for us we have gained weight :-( 

• Posted

I have recently lost 30pounds ...from not eating anything white ...so is possible to loose weight while on this Medication ..you are what you eat...
    • Posted

Well you are one of the lucky ones lois most people I know that take these tablets have gained weight !!!
    • Posted

Oh no you got me wrong I gain forty pounds ..and recently lost 30pounds...so IAM not one of the lucky ones....I had to adapt my eating habits...no white carbs
    • Posted

Oh I see, sorry my mistake, so these tablets do put alot of us on weight, glad you are doing well & have lost weight, I must try to cut down on my carbs..

• Posted

Absolutely..my phychiatrist was wow.when I show up to my appointment and saw the change .. she thought I quit taking the tablets..when I said I cut down on my carbs..nothing white..she was very impressed.. because the majority of people on this med..gain weight.but is only because it makes you crave bad carbs...
  • Posted

I've also put on weight with this medicine. I think because I was feeling so good I was celebrating by eating lots of toast chocolates and cakes 😂

So now that I no it's the tablet 💊 I've cut right down and trying to be a lot more active everyday

And not having chocolate for breakfast 😂 😂

I think u have to really watch what your eating on anti depr. And like Lois said don't eat white carbs or reduce the amount of carb intake.

• Posted

Absolutely ..iam living proof of weight loss ...control is the key here..and your absolutely right after feeling so lovely on celexa it makes you have those wonderful cravings..
    • Posted

Lois can give an example of what your eating

Breakfast

Lunch dinner

Any snacks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.