Citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

into 4 weeks taking been ok but feel a dip anyone else felt like this should i up to a higher dosage as am on 20mg or is this normal

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

From what everyone has told me on here dips are pretty normal and are just part of recovery. I'm on 5 weeks of 40mg and am having a terrible couple of days after nearly a week of feeling a bit better. I would suggest giving them longer to work as 4 weeks is still pretty early days. When you increase your dose its like restarting the clock so to speak. They say 4-6 weeks for full effect but personally I think this is very optimistic and have heard that it can even take 12 weeks to reach full effect. Try to go easy on yourself and relax. So much easier said than done I know x

• Posted

Your post is very reassuring.Looks like we are all going through the same thing! Please read my response to this original post and let me know if you have any other words of encouragement;) Thanks!

• Posted

It was very reassuring to wake up and read your post as I was going to post the exact same thing this morning! Wow I will be 5 weeks in tomorrow and had a decent week last week that had me feeling relief was in sight. Since Sunday I have been a ball of nerves and on the verge of panic nearly all day every day . I have had shortness of breath this entire time but the last few days I have gotten the dizziness and tingly sensations back along with some blurred vision. These side effects had all gone away for me a few weeks back. So discouraging:( I am on 10 mg .I guess we just keep pushing forward!? What exactly are you experiencing?

• Posted

hi tony i honestly thought as it stopped working but from the sounds of it it seems quiet normal....phew....! From what Photoghoast as mentioned which is so reasuring.

To tell you all the truth i have had no side effects what so ever the first few days i just got up showered had breakfast then went back to bed after that i started being more motivated the only thing that as been happening to me recently is hotflushers on an evening which to be honest either could be the med or am starting with hotflushers due to my age (51)

Would be so nice to carry on getting advice from you all sharing experiances as they happen it is also nice to know i am not alone on this journey in taking this med as i am not a pill popper and it as taken alot for me to take as i felt like a failure

• Posted

Potatoghost i meant sorry not photoghoast 😃

• Posted

I have also lost 3 more pounds since Sunday as it affects my digestion so badly! Anyone else?

• Posted

Hi tonya 😊 are you taking them for anxiety and depression or just anxiety? 10mg is a relatively low dose so if it doesn't work aswell as you would like then you have the option to increase. I wouldn't do that just yet though because I still think 5 weeks is early days still. From what I've been told blips and setbacks are normal, you may feel like it's working then all of a sudden go back to square 1! Which is terrifying. Hopefully the good hours will turn into days then into weeks (having setbacks in the meantime) and then eventually they will become less severe and eventually dissappear altogether. It's just do hard to keep strong while those blips happen isn't it. I think the fact you have had some improvement is a good sign.

It also sounds like to me that what you have been experiencing is classic anxiety symptoms. These will pass like they did last time. Try and go easy on yourself and don't over exert yourself. Drink lots of water try to eat little and often if you can. It's so much harder when you feel pants isn't it. Hopefully more people will be along soon and give you even more advice!

• Posted

Try not to worry too much about loosing weight. When you feel better things will go back to normal. I've lost nearly 2 stone so far and anxiety deffo does not help lol. You obviously aren't feeling great so this is to be expected x

• Posted

Has your doctor given you anything to help with the anxiety symptoms? Like a benzo or some beta blockers?

• Posted

You are such a level headed encouraging person-I hope you stay on this site:) I am taking this med for anxiety that came on after severe reflux caused a panic attack .This is all brand new to me:( No depression at all

• Posted

Thank you that's really sweet of you to say even though I really don't feel like it myself 😅 don't worry I am going through the same as what you are right now so remember you aren't alone! I'll be here as long as you need help and reassurance because it's such a difficult thing to deal with. It's good that you don't have depression because that is just as bad as the anxiety. You have I'll look back one day and read it hat you have wrote on here and won't believe you are the same person lol. Anything u want to ask just ask away because talking and seeking advice definitely helps.

• Posted

• you will look back one day I mean
  • Posted

Sorry guys some of the messages on this post aren't showing up for some reason so I'll try and sort my stupid phone out and reply when I can x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.