Citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. Hope someone can tell me I'll be okay. I suffer from episodes of severe anxiety. in these episodes i dissociate a lot. 7 days ago i started Citalopram. Sadly it makes me dissociate even more! what's your knowledge about this, should it go away eventually as the med levels out or is it not for me. I'm suffering so bad I can't take care of my wife and kids because I feel too weird.

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I have never taken Cit but I have taken many other meds and I know that it is the case with many where you can feel worse before you feel better. 7 days isn't long (even though it seems like it is when you're in a bad place).

Hopefully someone will come along with some help for you specific to Cit, but in general they do say to give it at least 3 weeks, though only you can decide how bad it is really.

Good luck!

• Posted

i also take citalopram and by doctor advised it can take 6 weeks before you feel any benefit. But then again everyone is different, stick with it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.