Citalopram 9 months now starting to have bad anxiety again

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've suffered with anxiety last few years now, the last 9months I've been on citalopram 20mg, I've also had 2 lots of cbt which didn't really help sad,

I was feeling OK,until 3weeks ago, starting to feel anxious again and anywhere I go I have anxiety/panic attacks, and it's stopping me from doing a lot , I'm 25 yr old female with 2 young children, it's really starting to get me down now, just before xmas my doc wanted to up my dose to 40mg but I was to scared to take it in case it made me feel worse sad , is there anybody else out there who's had similar situation? I'm just feeling sick of this now I just want all the anxiety and panic to go away

Thanks

Xxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi chelsea.up your dose.20mg is a very small dose. Iam on sertraline 50mg and it is horrible the anxiety. I know exactly how you are feeling. How is your eating. try and eat little and often. With young children it is very very hard as you have to be there for them.  Please gotoyour dr again.  XX
    • Posted

Thank you Ann , yes I'm going doctors tomorrow , my eating is ok although I do have that sick feeling whilst feeling anxious , thank you for replying

Xx

• Posted

It just wont work... I think... brain just wants you to tell that theres a predator near... Like somebody killing you or you might die. Thats what i think all the time. Whenever i get to that... (I dont take any medications)... I watch anything that makes me smile and just forget it. After all we are humans, big humans... Dont be scared... We can do it! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.