Citalopram and alcohol???

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone been on cit for only 5days and was wondering if it was OK to have a drink of alcohol? I've been OK on it up to now sleeping good no sickness, but still have anxiety attacks I'm not on cit for depression, just wanting to know people's thoughts has anybody had a glass and what were your experiences

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I still take my Alcohol as l used to it doesn't affect me at all, cheers
    • Posted

Thank you for replying I only drink the odd week end (not much) don't want my anxiety attacks to get worse or even worse for the meds not to work,
  • Posted

Hi Michelleย 

im going out tonight with friends and will have two glasses of wine plus water in between but that's it .Dont want to feel any side effects either so this moderate amount seems OK . The lots of laughs is good medicine too! Have a great time.

• Posted

Hi felis, hope you had a good nite, I was just going to have a few drinks in the house as I'm still to scared to go out but I didn't bother, I'm still really scared about been on the meds, I've woke up this morning with a massive headache and found it hard to get up so I may as well of had a drink ha, I'm sleeping through on a night I take my cit at 9,30 on a night, but find myself falling asleep on the sofa at 8,
    • Posted

I waited for a few weeks to a month have a drink as I do believe it can be dodgy at the start mixing it with alcohol. After its grand though xx
    • Posted

Hi laura thank you for that, how long did it take for your meds to work? Iknow it's early days for me, but dernt even step foot out my front door, I go dizzy and feel like I'm going to fall, I have 3 children and a husband and can't even do things with them xx
  • Posted

I take 40mg for anxiety and I drink beer on the weekends. It's not a problem unless I drink saturday and sunday then I'm out of whack for a few days. I'm cutting way back because it isn't worth it to me.
    • Posted

Hi I'm on 20mg for anxiety, only been on it for 5days, my heart races sometimes, and get overcome with panic, but haven't been able to leave house for a good few weeks, can't go in shops school playground ect, even today walked to car on my drive and my legs wouldn't move I was stood still, really hope this medicine helps as I'm at my wits end now xx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

I know what you mean I was the same at the start it dose got better as the weeks go on I'm on week 15 now ( 20mg )and still get anxiety nothing like the first month was it just takes time a lot of time I would say that I'm about 60% still some way to go don't think you will get better each week think of it as months it's a long road but their is light at the end of the tunnel ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฟ

Be strong good look ๐Ÿ€

• Posted

Hi thank you, did you go dizzy all the time? Like you were about to fall,and can you leave your home?I do all the time need to hold on to things when I used to go out. I would stand still holding a fence ect and my legs would shake it's horrendous, that's what I'm doing at min counting the weeks glad you are starting to feel better and hope it continues for you xx
    • Posted

Everyone as different problem with anxiety are you just on cit ? I take propanalol as well its good for the physical symptoms you need to exercise and eat lots of fruit take vitamins as well b6 and d3 it helps with the nerves system ๐Ÿ˜„

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.