Citalopram and amitripsilin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi wondering if anyone could help I've been on citalopram 20mg for 15 weeks now and started 10mg amitripsilin Friday for my head aches and to help with sleep I've been feeling really funny past few days and feel like my anxiety has come back and feeling dizzy at times. Am I Ment to be feeling this way just want to feel normal again. Should I stop the amitriptyline ??? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hollie,

I don't know if this will help but I have a hip-replacement which has nvr been greatt (im only 35) and have been on amitriptyline for a while, my doctor wants me to go on to 10mg Citralopram due to panic and anxiety which is bad to the stage I very rarely go out anyway my GP said that I had to come of the amitriptyline to go onto this. So I now stuck with the dilema of taking the cit for my anxiety or take the amitriptyline for my hip!

• Posted

Hello. I was concerned about taking both but the doctor said it was fine I also rang nhs the night I startrd them as was so scared but they said it was fine I'm only on 10mg of the amitriptyline which is the lowest dose. What dose are you on ?? Xx
    • Posted

Hi, I can take anything between 10-30mg of antrip depending on how much pain im in, they do help with sleep and pain, but feel like i have a hangover next day xx
  • Posted

Hi Hollie, I have taken Amitriptyline for many years for pain and had no problems apart from feeling tired during the day. I am on Citalopram for anxiety now. I have not taken the two together. The GP would not prescribe the two together if it was going to cause problems. It just might be that your body is getting used to the drug. Everybody reacts differently to drugs. To put your mind at rest ask the pharmacy for advice or ring GP and ask to speak to the GP that prescribed the drug. Hope this helps.

Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.