Citalopram and antibiotics

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am taking CO-AMOXICLAV for a dental infection. It seems to make my anxiety worse i.e dizzy spells.

Did anybody experience the same?

thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi yes it made me weird and has unsettled me ever since it seems to me that any other tablet messes with the citalopram

cant really see how i can get through life on cit if i cant ever take anything else

• Posted

I know it's worring not to be able to take anything else. I am hoping that once the antibiotics leave my body my anxiety will be back under control.

• Posted

i know i wish all this had been explained to me hope you feel better soon let me know how your getting on

Chin up

• Posted

co amoxiclav is a very strong antibiotic which affects your gut flora and your mineral levels. it is not unusual to experience worsening of symptoms on them regardless if you take citalopram or not. Try good probiotics, i.e

boulardi to prevent candida-which initself can give you anxiety, and magnesium and calcium, also vit B complex. any ongoing infection can also trigger anxiety.

thing is that due to anxiety we are on a lookout for issues and we read our bodies too much sometimes.

i took coamoxiclav and amoksycylin and nitrofurantonin whilst on citalopram with no major issues.

i am trying not to pin too many things on tablets- i tend to realize that it is my mind that is making me feel funny.

when I forgot to take citalopram on time firs time i immediately started feeling worse when i realized that i missed the pill. when it happened second time and I did not realize until the next time i was taking it, I was absolutely fine...

• Posted

you are so correct on pinning everything on the poor celexa.for a long time i had anxiety over taking my pill a few minutes too early or too late.the anxiety that we create ourselves is so disturbing that at times we think is the poor celexa.

• Posted

i agree antibiotics messes things up. I am taking probiotics now and they made a massive difference to my upset tummy.

• Posted

Hi!

I dont take citalopram but lexapro which is near. I was starting to feel better with it but due to a sinus infection, I was prescribe amoxilline 3x a day. My digest system which is already sensitive just went into a mess. And by the last day of my prescription I had my mouth full of candida. Dr gave me nystatin to help my mouth but it makes my longue feel worse.

Anyway, during my amocillin treatment, my anxiety rised also and even if Im done, Il still pretty tired and anxious with digestion issues.

I think the antibiotics messes with my but flora and it feels like I dont assimilate the ad as usual. Dont know if that can happen!

I know have bad anxiety and yesterday made a little panic attack...

I hope you also feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.