citalopram and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, started citropram 10mg for 9 days after having a bad year! And high bloodpressure! Which seems to peek more in a panic attack. After day 4 started to feel some relief and feel tired which for me is a good thing as I haven't been sleeping.  Now on day 9 and anxiety has started to feel bad again, wondering how long until I feel better- please some positive feedback. Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is usually how this medication works.  Day 9 is really very early days, and yes the anxiety will get much worse before it gets better, along with some other unpleasant side effects.

Around 8 weeks is about the time things start to change for the better, but everyone is different and has different time spans for this.  Seems following that, you may get odd dips from time to time, but all these and the side effects will pass.  A lot of people give up on this medication too early.  Keep persevering on this medication as it will make such a difference for you.  I had many years of depression and medication before being out onto this one, and my life changed!  Am back the land of living!

Keep in touch through your progress - many can help when that's get tough.

K xx

• Posted

......put, not out .... (silly iPad again)!!
    • Posted

Oh seriously ...... spotted so many typos.  Sorry wink
  • Posted

Hi there,

I am on Citalopram 20mg for 5 weeks, and from my experience second and third week was the worst...terrible anxiety and unwanted thoughts etc. 

Now I feel better in general, still gets blips of anxiety and bad thoughts but its managable.. I wish it could all go away very quickly but from  reading people experiences on this website, it is get few good weeks for citalopram to start working properly. Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Hey 

I've been on cit 10mg now for 4 weeks and things do get better you just need to give it time....

You do get good days and bad days and for me 2day is a bad day (had a argument with the boyfriend last night)

I really hate to say it but it does get worse before it gets better. The side effects are different for everyone and I still am having side effects eg tension sore eyes insomnia shakes but I'm hoping there gonna disappear soon.

stay strong it's hard I no but you'll get there in the end and there's lots of support on this forum 

Cheryl x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.