Citalopram and blip?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Citalopram 10 weeks at 40 mg.I switched over from Prozac!Had a smooth transition and was feeling better and more normal and that lasted a few weeks and at about 8 weeks in started feeling low and anxious again and it has gotten more and more princes over last two weeks!I had a few good weeks and to be back here is very worrying!It feels like most of my old symptoms returning!I was on Citalopram at this dose 8 years ago and it worked well for me then pretty quickly and I don't remember any setbacks!Dod ot stop working for me!I have four kids and wanted so badly to recover for them!I have anxiety and OCD

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ten weeks is still early ...just because it work for you years ago ..doesn't mean it's going to work the same again...it could be a blip.or Prozac withdrawal and or celexa start up side effects.or both combine...higher dose doesn't mean a quicker relief..it took me eight months to feel relief...take care

• Posted

Sounds like a blip but the first thing I would do is check in with your GP. It can take up to 3 months for it to fully work however side effects should diminish after 8-10 weeks max, although I still sweat on this drug for the whole time I am on it. Defo check with the GP. Good luck and thoughts are with you
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply!It is a little better.I am in week ten right now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.