Citalopram and Kalms. Is it ok to take both at the same time.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all, just wondering here if taking the off the shelf mild anxiety supplement ‘Kalms’ and cit at the same time is ok? I buy this in Tesco. I take 2 three times a day as the box advises, alongside 30mg Citalopram which I take at 10pm. I was taking it before citalopram in an attempt to reduce my anxiety a bit. I think it worked a bit back then so I’ve continued to take it.  If anyone has any advice or experience  i’d love to hear from you.  Thanks, Manny.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Manny, if my memory serves me, I believe Kalms is a Homeopathic remedy. So yes, it is safe to take with your Citalopram. 
    • Posted

Thank you Kaycee for the reassurance that I’m not being stupid taking these.👍x

• Posted

Hi yes you can take kalms with citalipram I work in a pharmacy and people buy kalms and are on that type of medication to ..
    • Posted

Hi Maria, I much appreciate your experienced and reassuring response. Thank you 😉x

• Posted

I was thinking of taking them but iam having withdrawal symptoms of taking citalaprm as I stoped them suddenly then started them again so the doctor has now taken me off them and gave me diazipam to calm me down as I get very shakey cold sweats but the diazipam does work I'm just wondering how long I will feel like this for please can u reply to me thank u

• Posted

You was thinking about taking kalms you mean . They are no way near as strong as diazipam , I would stick to diazipam and see how you get on I Carnt give advice on how long they will take to work as everyone is different .
    • Posted

Your welcome hope it helps you feel better soon not nice is it I have been on citalipram for 10 weeks now and had so many side effects but this site is very help full ..
    • Posted

hiya, what happens if you dont eat before taking the kalm tablets?

• Posted

I have taken them but not at the same time as an ssri.  I think calms would be ok but the likes of St. John wort and other here herbal stuff can really interact so just be careful x 
    • Posted

Hi Laura, yes thanks for the tip as your advice is right about St.Johns and the likes of 5-HTP causing problem alongside an SSRI. Serotonin Syndrome which is serious can occur if mixing these off the shelf stuff with SSRI’s.  Kalms is fairly mild stuff but I was just needing reassurance as stranger things can happen in life.  Thanks for replying 🙂x

• Posted

it might be sake to take the other stuff from tesco,but i r recommend you just take citrolopram,as each medication will give side effects
    • Posted

Thanks marsh for you opinion regarding the extra side effects alms might create, it's a valid point. I hope the cit is all I will need, here's hoping! It's 23.53 and my anxiety is very muted, my hearing is very ringing and buzzing right now, feeling a bit numb and anxiety is minimal. It's the morning that are a nightmare for me right now. I definitely can feel the cit medicating me right now.....

• Posted

Do you practice deep breathing or any sort of relaxation, I have always found they really help to quieten my head down when I am in high anxiety mode.  You tube is great for finding relaxation videos. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.