Citalopram and mirtazapine cold turkey due to throwing up blood

Posted , 5 users are following.

Here is one for you, been told by doctor to immediately come off both as I am throwing up blood, I have a hiatus hernia but it has got much worse over the last month, I have taken citalopram for about 8 years on a 40mg dose, and mirtazapine on was a 30 for three years now 15mg for about 5 months, going cold turkey, is that wise? My doctor has refered me urgently to have a Endoscopy, will I get loads of withdrawal symptoms ?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Been reading on here about these brain zaps. I couldn't work out the feeling with my brain yesterday. But it all seems normal from what people are saying. I do feel a tad better today. But I am taking things slow and i have wrote a slow rota of what needs done each day this week so my brain can take it
  • Posted

I never knew that mirtazapine urges you to eat more. The sooner all this is out my system the better. I use to be q body builder, (not competing) trained so hard. Now my energy is that of a slug. Especially this cold turkey. Yet I can't sleep at night. All hard going. Let's hope this endoscopy is soon do steps can be taken I.e surgery etc
  • Posted

Still a hugely volatile day. Savage thoughts... My dog is driving me nuts too. Feel like giving him away
    • Posted

Hi Tilania , I to had to stop Citalapram straight away as my i told my Dr my hiatus hernia was causing me big problems with a very bad headache -and did i come down with a bump - Altough  it is day 36  feeling a litte  upset, angry , every day noises seem to be ten times louder ,I to have a dog and said i would get rid of her but instead of that i give myself time in the morning and she goes with a dog walker at this difficult time in my life , My poor husband is getting all my anger as well i do tell him that i am not me at the moment and what i say sometimes is not what i mean it is pure frustration . I know how i feel but when my emotions start and anger starts i have not yet mastered how to cope with this as my tablets were doing the job for me -So not only have i had to come off the tablets straight away after 25 years , i am dealing with the emotional side - i am see a councillar for D.T.S.D. as i was piosened 3 years ago - and i am going through a book called the Reality Slap -It is about Mindfulness and positive thinking in the present although i have doubts -i am going to give it a go -as there will not be side effects to this positive thinking i hope -- Keep going at times i feel lost ,not myself but i know my body has got to adjust back to me it has been a tough journey but i am trying to ride the storm and still going - take care - there is other people out there who are going through the same thing -

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.