Citalopram and odd face and head pressure/pain PLEASE REPLY SO WORRIED!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi guys

i have been taking Citalopram for 3 and a half months now. 3 days ago I started to get a headache and face/head pressure as you can all guess I'm worried it's something serious. 

The pressure seems to be in my face more than in my head but I do have a headache too some dizziness yesterday but not today sad I am really worried as I have read all kinds of horror stories. Has anyone ever had this symptom? Is it a side effect? Anxiety

Please help xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've had this on citalopram pressure behind my nose eyes and ears and only been in it 4 weeks so prob side effect and also get shooting head pains
    • Posted

Same here I think we spoke the other day! I just want to feel normal it's been 14 weeks now I thought the side effects would have worn off sad
  • Posted

I get horrible headaches everyday, get so much worse at night, the pain is awful. Normally behind my eyes or side of my head/face. For what I understand this normal. Ive only been on citalopram for 8 weeks, and the last two weeks it was upped to 40mg. But feeling good today. I've had two ok days, and 1 good day in the last two weeks which is amazing for me. 
    • Posted

Hi,

does it ever feel like pressure and shooting pains? Its good that you're having good days 😊I just hate feeling like this and keep thinking the worst.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.