Citalopram and postpartum

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi so ive been on citalopram since december of 2021 I started on 5mg then 10mg then went to 20mg and did great and then in november of 2022 i became pregnant and was told i could keep taking citalopram but on my own i decided to go down to 10mg just cause i was scared of it affecting the baby so figured a lower dose would be better. Anxiety and depression was pretty well controlled through out pregnancy so after having the baby i continued only taking the 10mg then about 4 months post partum i started having some anxiety and i could feel some depression creeping up so i decided to go back on 20mg this was in January 2023 and it helped tremendously but now about a month ago i started having a little more stress and my anxiety and depression got triggered i feel like im on square one again and im wondering if i should go up on my dose or just let the 20mg do its full affect since i started it in jan so only been 4/5 months. thank you for any replies!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.