Citalopram and propranolol

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI,

please can I get some advice re the mix of propranolol  40 mg and  20 citalopram.

feeling medicated tired and so fed up feeling yuk

i was taking venlofaxin years ago slow release but this time dr put me on venlofaxin ( non slow release) which made me feel awful, I'm considering asking to be put back in 75 slow release of venlofaxine but  scared I will have side effects etc , I've been off work so worried as needed my life back .

thanks .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I take citalapram 20mg and will be taking 10mg of propranalol as well as of Monday.

What side effects are you experiencing?

• Posted

I take cit 20 mg with allowance to take 10 mg propranolol for panic attacks as and when. Not very often though...maybe 6 in 6 months 
  • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply.

i has migraine aura and felt slugged on citalopram, myDr has changed me to venlofaxin England, have to come off citalopram for three days prior to starting venlofaxin slow release, feeling better since stopped citalopram no side effects so far, but anxious about taking venlofaxin as don't want to go back to square 1. Have been off work for the longest in my career , feel burn out has contributed to my symptoms, due back to work on phased return but scared I won't cope . 

Great to be able to share , hope your all doing ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.