citalopram and shooting pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm just going into my 4th week of citalopram. I've had my up days and my down but the last 3 days I've noticed shooting pains. It started on my right side while I was at work, then in my chest and now my left shoulder. Is this a normal side affect while the citalopram works?

Thanks Tom

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi i am on Cita 10mg (6 and 1/2 weeks) now and i from last few days my pain is back in chest and left arm and shoulder and feel very down some people told me it will take up to 8 weeks so you are not alone. 
    • Posted

Hi and thanks for replying, it's good to know that I'm not alone. It's tough but I will keep my head up.
    • Posted

Stay strong i know how we feel at the moment but trust yourself our Heart is the strongest muscle in our whole body. I am sure you have done ecg and blood tests
    • Posted

Yeah I sure have, funny old body we have, just a bit broken at the minute. Just hope the citalopram can fix it.
  • Posted

Just be strong i know these feelings are worse but we need to learn how to control them drink a lot of water and Camomile tea and walk for 20 to 30 min everyday and eat normal food. 
  • Posted

Hi tom sounds like you should talk to your doctor just to make sure and put your mind at rest 😨
  • Posted

Hi tg,

Firstly, for what reason, are you taking Cita? If you don't mind me asking of course (and you don't have to reply if you don't want to).

As you are only 4 weeks in it could very well be due to Cita however, as someone else has already mentioned talk to your Dr (which should be done on a regular basis anyway). Hopefully, your Dr is up on these sticking plasters for the brain and will be able to monitor your progress, advise and reassure you accordingly.

I, like many here, have suffered from what I call (with hindsight) health paranoia, Most of us have had symptoms of varying kinds and not sure what they were or even worse over thought that they could be something!. The bottom line is make and keep those regular appointments with your Dr. I made weekly, then fortnightly, then monthly and now on three monthly appointments with mine. The first few months I thought I had several things wrong, but she sent me for loads of tests and in the end, fortunately, all was okay and I stopped worrying.

Many of the added extras (side effects to me sound negative) that we can experience with Cita we do not all have as everyone is an individual. We may not, if we do get some, suffer the same intensity either as others so, if you read someone has or is experiencing things that you have and may not have, try not to take notice or over worry about these. In the end whatever you are concerned about, need advice or reassurance on you have us to help as well as your Dr. After all some of us have already been where you are now so, as you quite rightly said and know, you are not alone.

Keep reading, keep posting and we'll help you through!

All that remains for me to say is Welcome to the Club! That may sound easy for me to say and it is, as it will one day for you!

Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.