Citalopram and stomach gurgling

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,this is my first post here so hello to all.I've been dealing with depression for 30 years and was on Citalopram for at least ten years with no problems.At the start of this year I had gone back to meditating every day and gradually came of the Citalopram ever thing went well for a while but then I had the worst bout of depression and anxiety ever.Started back on the citalopram 5 and eventually have had to take 30mgs.There has been a great improvement in depression anxiety.Right from the 5 mgs I have a had a lot of gurgling and gas in the stomach which I hadn't before and wondered if anyone had experienced the same side effect?I have just turned sixty.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi andytsp, it sounds like your poor system has eventually had enough! if you are now reacting to this drug i would speak to your doctor about it. you may need to cut it slowly and stop it in the end!

• Posted

Hi Sam thank you for reply.I would be reluctant to go off citalopram for now because I'm not fully back to myself.I was hoping there may have been others who had the the stomach problem and found that it lessened or stopped when they reduced the dosage.

• Posted

Depression is overcome through actions. Medicine is half the job, its a coping method. To truly overcome the depression is to take away the triggers that cause you to be depressed. Most of the time depression is not chemicals but a bad emotional state.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.