Citalopram at 22 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im on citalopram from oct 2019. i done 4 wks at 10mg and on wk 18 of 20mg. really just wanted to known if anyone else suffers still..i know am a lot better than i was in oct but still get the anxiety feelings on and off of fear burning through my stomach.. and feeling uneasy at times. i really thought this shud have lifted by now.. doc wanted to up to 30mg but i said no and il give it another.month. i have forbidden thoughts that terrify me.. just wish it would go away xx

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi Laura,

I havent been on it for 22 weeks, I just finished week 11 of 20mg. I have seen dramatic improvements, but I still get bouts of health anxiety from time to time. I'm going through a blip right now worried about my thyroid. I felt so good recently that I went out with friends and had some drinks last friday. Since then I've been struggling again. I've had a ton of physical symptoms throughout the process that had me constantly worrying about one organ or another. It can be excruciating. I have an appointment Tuesday to have my thyroid looked at even though I think it's just my anxiety getting the best of me.

...but in short to sum up. Yes I believe many people have to ride the waves for a good while before it dissipates.

Best wishes and good luck.

Randall

• Edited

I am 27weeks now. 23 on 30, 4 on 10 then 20mg. I am now so much better and I was really bad with anxiety and depression and health anxiety too. It appeared to improve greatly at 6 months. My head is clearer I am less anxious and even going to move house. I really hope it continues. It does get better but is an extremely slow process

• Edited

Hi

I'm on week 13 and still get side effects after being on the meds

mornings are still somewhat ruff but I do see its getting better

so if u see and feel better the meds is still working

stay on what u are right now and give it some more time

katecogs says it can take longer then we think it does

some get it in weeks some in month we are all different

and if this is not urn first time on the Celexa it takes longer every time u go on it

also everytime u up the meds or down it u will have side effects

pray u feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.