Citalopram - benefits

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

Just to let you know, from my previous post describing as to why I’m back on Citalopram. It’s now my 5th week on 20mg although I’m not 100%. I am starting to feel the benefits again of Citalopram. Although I do still feel anxious at times, it’s nothing compared to what I was experiencing before. I still have the sensation of the lump in the throat (Globus Sentation) which is caused by stress. Again it’s not like what it was.... Also I’m back at work taking each day as it comes slowly building up my strength and stamina. 

I would say to anyone out there who is doubting Citalopram to stick with it, it will get better. Remember each person is different and my work quickly or take a little more time, but stick with it! 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steven I am really pleased for you, yes you are right, with any medication you have to give it time to become active in your system and to be always their helping you to cope daily, it's really a bonus to have you able to see that it's a slow process to good mental health, sometimes something that works for you want work for others but until you try it and you can be objective and then you can move on to something else if it really didn't work.

• Posted

Steven

I have been on this medication now for around ten years, at same dose. The drug works well for me although I cannot recommend medications, only a GP or Health Professional can do that.

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Hi, 

It’s really nice to read some positive recounts of medication! Whether the naysayers like it or not, medication can and does improve the lives of many mental health sufferers - people are very quick to dismiss medication because of ‘it made me completely zombie-like’ or ‘it drained me of the last ounce of my personality’ but the truth is, people respond differently and when medication does work, it can work well! 

Best of luck for the future and I hope you continue improving. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.