Citalopram causing nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just started Citalopram 10mg on Thursday for anxiety. For the past three days I have felt nauseous with an occasional stomach ache. I haven't thrown up yet, but I've felt on the verge of doing so, and I rarely vomit. I'm guessing it is due to the medication. How long should it take to subside? At what point should I call my doctor?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Yes this is very normal. Naseau is one of the most common side effects. You should find it goes after a few days. Some people suffer for a while with side effects some just a few days. Stuck with it but any concerns speak to your Dr.

• Posted

Hi I have been on Citalopram 20 mg for 4 months, it take's about 3 weeks for the side affects to go away, but I find then very good, stay with it you'll be fine. Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.