Citalopram different make from pharmacy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I hope your all doing well,I started citalopram 4 weeks ago and it's been a horrible bumpy ride if am being honest but around week 4 I started to feel better side effects eased off etc and then I went to get my repeat prescription and they gave me a completely new make if citalopram 20mg and I can only describe since taking them that I feel am going though the same side effects I did at the start of week one, is this normal ?? Has anyone else experienced this ? They are making me feel terrible chest pains high anxiety etc thanks in advance 👍🏽

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I seen many complain of adverse effects when changing from one brand to another. This could be due to fillers. Call pharmacy and see why the change then tell your Dr.
    • Posted

Yes there was another thread similar to this. It may havebeen an Anna?

but exactly Same problem..there was quite a lengthy discussion on it

she did manage to sort it.

pharmacys often get what the manufacturer sends

but your obviously very sensitive to the changes

i shall watch for this myself too

have been ok so far 

• Posted

Funny that I've suddenly having a bad bout of anxiety and insomnia and recently had 3-4 different batches. Went back to the docs and I have to reduce my 40mg cit tapering and he prescribes me 15mg mitt to help with the sleep. Whilst I'm reducing I have 40, 20 and 10 mg of cit to use all different brands. Quite concerned now. Will obvs take them cos if I don't all hell will brake loose, but I will certainly be having a word with the gp when I go back!! If this is the case I will be fuming!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Be very careful you don't get confused with the doses and over or underside yourself. That will give u awful problems

Easy to do wen u have differant strengths

Write a plan out and dble ck yr dose

U can get a pill cutter £2 which helps

I reduced 2013 from 20mg and it took a year

I did NOT have any side withdrawal effects this way

I reduced by 2.5 mg a time

Each reduction over 2-4 weeks

If at any time I felt a wobble I stayed on the week before dose then started again

I was rigidly pedantically medical about it!

But u will read nite mare stories people who dropped too quickly

I did 20/17.5/20/17.5....

Then 17.5/17.5/17.5/......

17.5/15/17.5.....

And so on

The key is slow and very careful

Good luck

Ps I had to go back on it in jan this year. I am great again now. I prob need a small dose for life tobe honest

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.