Citalopram dose

Posted , 4 users are following.

Will I notice some differences from 20ml to 30ml of citalopram,,? If so what can I expect,,, cheers,,,

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony

I got a few light dizzy spells for the first two or three days and that was about it. I had awful side effects when I first started cit, so was dreading the increase. .but to my surprise it wasn't that bad at all and I felt better for the increase.

Let me know how you get on

Blessings

Lorraine x

• Posted

Thanks for your answer,,,, I hope it will make things easier,,,,I'll keep you posted,,
  • Posted

Hey Tony, it doesnt sound super significant of an increase however everyone is different? Let us know how you get on !
  • Posted

I would think you would if it is on the anxiety/depression department. Over the years, I have gone from 20mg to 40 to 20 to 40 to 60 and currently to 40. Celexa definitly can be at least to me, a brain changer. I think it is a trial for each person. Im at the first time going down from 60 to 40 noticing a major change with anxiety and other weard things but with me haveing a TBI and on other seizure meds, Im not completly sure being only the 3rd month of the reduction down to 40. I see a new Phsychiatrist this friday for a way over due review on what matbe going on in my brain. Ive had a ton of stress this year so it maybe part of that. I will say that celexa makes a huge difference. My main reason for the last reductuction from 60 to 40 is feeling numb in my feelings and especially in the intimacy dept. Celexa takes that topic for me to 0. Thats my main reason for going back to 40. I am hoping with the new info Ive learned here, the new ecitalpram, may be in the conversation because of it being new to me. Sorry for all the blab. I will have more info after this friday hopefully.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.