citalopram effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello...i've just be prescribed 20mg, am on my second day today... but I feel wasted!!! I feel like I've taken ecstacy... I keep 'coming up' and rushing, guerning, fidgeting, my pupils are like saucers... i know these things are meant to make me feel better but this is ridiculous!!! I just want to move constantly but i want to space out at the same time... it's exactly the same feeling as i've had from ecstacy (which was a long time ago) but i'm pretty sure i shouldnt be feeling like this! Gonna give it a few days and see if it calms down- if not I'm off to the docs!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I just logged on to say the same thing, I know exactly what you mean I feel really buzzy today, also my 2nd day. I've been rushing a bit today but my guess is it's just my body getting used to it, I had also wanted to ask about possible conflicts with pills/MDMA but didnt know if this forum condones those disscussions. Anyways hang in there hopefully things will get better for both of us, from what I can work out this stuff can happen for a few weeks.
  • Posted

I'm on day 5 of 20mg and still very spaced out. Hope it passes soon. Sleep has been much lighter than normal - I used to be a really heavy sleeper, but now anything wakes me and I'm awake 5am everyday. Really really tired. Looking forward to things sorting themselves out, and I'm sure they will for you too.
  • Posted

Hi All, Im now on day 6 and it's getting a little better, I used to take my pill at 8am but it used to make my legs go like jelly, I now take it at 5am and go back to sleep again, by the time I get up at 7am I dont feel so spaced out. Im just thinking if taking it at night time is better? I might try it and find out. Hang in there guys it's bound to get better!
  • Posted

On day 18 and the only thing that's left is sleeplessness. Hard to deal with and I'm hoping it will improve. Otherwise, I'm feeling the benefits so hang on in there. All these SSRIs have different effects on any individual so persist until you know for sure that you have real problems. That's the time to go back to your GP and insist on advice or changes. A good GP will have told you this anyway. Don't ever just accept what you're told. Ask questions and especially ask what are the alternatives. Best wishes to you all and keep in touch.
  • Posted

Hi,

I've been on these since November and I had alot of the side effects you mention, and I now have very few..

The lack of sleep is very draining, I have spoken to my Psychiatrist and he gave me some sleeping tablets but also explained that the sleep pattern was usually the last thing to come back.. I don't take the sleeping tablets (bad experience when I was younger) but have found the sleep is getting much better and will hopefully continue to improve!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.