Citalopram for 12weeks 2 on 40mg. Still side effects sweating and tiredness

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on citalopram for 12weeks, 10mg for 2, 20mg for 4, 30mg for 3 then 40mg for 3. I'm still suffering with sweats and tiredness in the morning. I take my meds at 6am and only feel active around noon. My appetite is still shocking in day but I get hungry in evening.

Anyone else felt like this? How long before things settle? They side effects are off putting.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoe

Yes if your upping your meds after a few weeks or so you will go through the side effects until your body settles and yes mornings were hard for me at first but I'm over 3 months on 15mg and now feel great so stick with it you will feel better in time

• Posted

Thanks. Do you think my dose has been increased too quickly? When I was on 30 I did tell my doc that side effects had decreased except my poor appetite and that's why he increased. Should I suggest going back to 30 do you think?

Advice greatly appreciated.

• Posted

See how u feel in a few weeks, if your side effects don't go away go back to 30 I had to do that. The 40 was too much...

• Posted

I am on 5 months now and still have the sweats and messed up appetite.
    • Posted

Thanks sanja.

How long were you or 40mg before you dropped down.? Has the 30mg managed things?

• Posted

6 weeks, and I was getting worse, so that was a sure sign that I was getting too much. Yes I seem to be ok in the 30, I still have the super tired feeling also, but most side effects should go away, but there is some luck ppl out there that the side effects stay with them, so all depends if they are manageable... I would still stick it out for few weeks and see how ure feeling. In my opinion I don't think doctors should do an increase until at least 6 weeks but the increases are happening way to soon, when the meds are not even fully working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.